2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl pinenuts, heaping
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pinch hot pepper flakes
3/4 cup white wine
6-8 oz prawns, butterflied
1/4 cup sliced green onions (2-3 each), more if you like
10 oz cooked angel hair or capelline pasta (al dente)
1 oz (1/4 cup) Parmesan
- Toast pinenuts in olive oil with salt and pepper until nicely brown.
- Add hot pepper flakes and white wine, then reduce by half.
- Sauce will be thin but intensely flavorful. Add prawns and cook to just opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add green onions, pasta and Parmesan to pan and toss. If too dry add a bit of water. If sauce puddles too much, cook in pan until pasta absorbs extra sauce.
- Divide on two plates, placing pasta on bottom and prawns on top.